Acceptable Use Policy
PLEASE READ THIS ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY, WHICH IS APPLICABLE BETWEEN YOU AND FUJIFILM NORTH AMERICA CORPORATION ("FUJIFILM", "WE", OR "US") CAREFULLY.
Note that capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this Acceptable Use Policy shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Terms and Conditions of Use.
GENERAL USE RULES: Your use of the Site and Service, including submission of Materials, must be lawful, ethical, and respectful of the legal rights and interests of all other persons, and consistent with the security and reliability of the Service and the Internet generally.
Without limiting the above, the following rules apply to your use of the Service:
LAWFUL USE: Your use of the Site and Service must be lawful and must comply with all applicable domestic and foreign laws, regulations, rules, policies, treaties and tariffs, whether civil, criminal or otherwise. Access to the Site from locations where the Site and/or Service may be illegal is prohibited.
NON-COMMERCIAL USE: The Site and Service may be used by you only for personal, non-commercial purposes and must not be used in connection with any commercial activities, including:
(a)selling or offering to sell any goods or services, including without limitation, reselling the Service or any products obtained from the Service;
(b)soliciting for advertisers or sponsors;
(c)conducting contests, gaming or gambling or offering prizes, awards or any other incentives to users;
(d)displaying advertising or sponsorship banners, including those generated by banner or link exchange services;
(e)soliciting for donations; or
(f)use of unauthorized or unsolicited junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation.
SECURITY AND PERFORMANCE: The Site and Service must not be used by you with any action, device, software or routine which could directly or indirectly interfere (or attempt to interfere) with the proper working of the Site and Service, or impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load or burden on the system or its infrastructure.
THE RIGHTS OF OTHERS: Your use of the Site and Service must not infringe the legal rights of any other person (including civil, privacy and personality rights, copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, moral rights, and other proprietary rights).
NO DATA COLLECTION: Your use of the Site and Service must not involve any data matching, e-mail harvesting, Web crawling, or data mining whatsoever, including without limitation the collection and/or use of information about other Site or Service users without their express, prior consent.
USE GUIDELINES - PROHIBITED USES: The following is a non-exhaustive list of prohibited uses of the Site and/or Service. FUJIFILM reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether any use by you of the Site or Service is prohibited or otherwise violates this Policy:
- Uses that may violate the General Use Rules set forth within this Acceptable Use Policy;
- Uses that may be unlawful, indecent, offensive, defamatory, derogatory, fraudulent, deceptive, harmful, abusive, threatening, vulgar, profane, pornographic, obscene, sexually explicit, sexist, racist, hateful, offensive, harassing, invasive of the privacy rights of others, harmful to minors, or otherwise objectionable. This prohibition extends to the submission of any Materials that depict, encourage, indicate, advocate or tend to incite any such conduct;
- Uses that may harm, threaten, harass, abuse or intimidate any other person in any way or involve materials that depict, promote, encourage, indicate, advocate or tend to incite the commission of a crime or other unlawful activities, violence, hatred, cruelty or discrimination against any individuals or groups, for any reason, or any act of cruelty to animals;
- Uses that may dilute or tarnish the name and reputation of FUJIFILM and its affiliates or associates;
- Uses that modify, adapt, sub-license, translate, sell, reverse-engineer, decompile or disassemble any portion of the Site, our software code which underlies the Site, or uses that delete, obscure or modify any proprietary notice contained on the Site;
- Uses that frame or mirror any part of the Site without FUJIFILM's prior written authorization;
- Uses that interfere with other persons' use and enjoyment of the Service or of the Internet generally;
- Uses that may damage, disrupt, compromise or degrade the integrity, efficiency, performance or security of the Service or that may otherwise or result in:
- the circumvention or breach of any user authentication, security or control measures regarding the Service or any other Internet resource or computer system; or
- unauthorized access to other persons' information and Materials (including Materials submitted to the Service) or interference with their use and enjoyment of the Service;
- Uses that conceal or misrepresent the author or origin of any message or communication, or that impersonate any person, or that falsely state or otherwise misrepresent an affiliation with any other person, including without limitation any FUJIFILM company representative;
- Uses that contain, hyperlink to or otherwise disclose images of any person or private information about any person (such as names, telephone numbers, email addresses, postal addresses, social security numbers, etc.) without that person's permission;
- The uploading, posting or transmission to the Service of any of the following Materials, whether posted publicly or with password protection, whether directly or indirectly or intentionally or unintentionally:
- Materials that contain links to other sites or Internet resources;
- Executable programs or audio and video recordings;
- Materials that contain or involve the use of computer viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, keyloggers, or other malicious or destructive computer code that may damage, harm, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate, interrupt, limit the functionality of, or otherwise adversely affect the Service or any other computer system, hardware, software, telecommunications equipment, data, or personal information; and
- Materials that are encrypted.
MONITORING AND COMPLAINTS: FUJIFILM is not obliged to monitor, screen, police or edit the use of the Service, including submission of Materials to the Site, although FUJIFILM reserves the right to do so in its sole discretion and without any notice or liability to you or any other person.
FUJIFILM will respond as it considers appropriate, in its sole discretion, if it becomes aware of any inappropriate uses of the Service, including uses that constitute copyright infringement.
COMPLIANCE, CONSEQUENCES, AND LAW ENFORCEMENT DISCLOSURE:
- FUJIFILM may in its sole discretion determine whether this Policy has been violated. Policy violations constitute a breach of the Terms and Conditions of Use for the Site
and may, in the sole discretion of FUJIFILM, result in: (a) termination or suspension of permission to use the Service and Site; (b) restricted access to Materials posted or uploaded through or to the Site or Service; (c) removal and permanent deletion and destruction of Materials submitted to the Service; and (d) other consequences; all without any notice to you or any other person, and without any liability incurred by us to you.
- Service users who violate this Policy may incur criminal or civil liability. You acknowledge that it is FUJIFILM's policy to cooperate with law enforcement agencies who may initiate investigations into illegal or improper activities relating to the Service. Alternately, FUJIFILM may in its sole discretion report perceived violations of applicable law to law enforcement authorities. FUJIFILM will cooperate fully with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of suspected unlawful conduct, including providing Site Users' personal information (including account information and payment information), Service users' personal information, and copies of Materials used in connection with the Service, including Materials posted to the Service.
- FUJIFILM's failure to enforce this Policy, for whatever reason, shall not be construed as a waiver of any preceding or subsequent violation of this Policy.
Acceptable Use Policy last updated: August 15, 2015.